If you’re planning on finding your next dream home, then you’re probably going to view several homes on the market that meet your criteria.
You will want to make the right purchasing decision for you and your family. So, it’s wise to be savvy when viewing properties for sale. Here are some ideas on how to do that:
- Bring a notepad. Take notes, not only of the home’s characteristics, but also of how you feel. For example, can you imagine yourself happily cooking up a storm in the kitchen? Do you see yourself entertaining family on the back deck?
- Bring a measuring tape. Will the furniture you plan to bring fit? Your dining room suite? Your home fitness equipment?
- Ask about maintenance. Is the property in a good state of repair? Will anything need to be replaced soon, such as the windows?
- Check out the area. Do other homeowners take good care of their properties? This shows pride of ownership. How is the noise level? Is there a playground, or another area feature nearby?
- Make a list of compromises. For example, are there only two bathrooms instead of three and, if so, can you live with that?
- Make a list of bonuses. What features does the home have that are not a necessity, but would be nice to have? For example, an entertainment bar in the recreation room.
- Remember your budget. Is the price within your range? Can you afford to buy this home?
The savvier you are when viewing properties on the market, the more likely you will be to find your next dream home.
©IXACT Contact Solutions Inc.